Global Parenting Authors to speak in Singapore at the Asian Parenting Summit for the first time!
PRESS RELEASE - 1 June 2016
The WORLD’s most TOUTED global parenting experts will speak in Singapore for the FIRST Time at the Asian Parenting Summit, this 11 June 2016 at The Star Theatre. Ina May Gaskin (PhD), one of the world’s best midwives who has seen through 3,000 normal deliveries will reassure every expectant mum on her natural ability to birth. Dr Frans Plooij, Author of The Wonder Weeks that has sold millions of copies around the world will share how you can overcome baby’s fussy periods and toddler tantrums.
Responding to the demands of parenthood, Asian Parenting Summit is the largest content-led Summit this year covering the entire parenting life-cycle, which provides young parents with 3 dedicated tracks to choose from: 1) Pregnancy; 2) Toddlerhood, and 3) Pre-Primary, to meet the needs from different stages of the parenting-cycle.
PREGNANCY TRACK - For expectant parents
In addition to the keynote speakers Ina May and Dr Frans sessions on natural childbirth and addressing a baby’s fussy periods, Mount Elizabeth Hospitals‘ leading O&G and pediatric doctors will also share critical birthing and newborn care information on:
- Preparing the body for a natural delivery
- Possible complications in the 3rd trimester and how to overcome them
- Preventing Orthopaedic Problems During Pregnancy & Postpartum
TODDLERHOOD TRACK - For parents with babies under 2yrs
In this session, parents also hear from Dr Frans Plooij, globally renowned pediatrician, on how to support your toddler through fussy phases and toddler tantrums, known as “the Terrible Twos”.
Other toddlerhood talks include:
- How to teach our children leadership skills, with a thought-provoking discussion panel from Learning Vision, Singapore’s leading pre-school.
- Equipping your child enough to absorb all the different subjects he will pick up at school - My Little Genius shares important insights into brain training and development.
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital’s pediatrician will also prepare parents for everything they need to know prior to pre-school enrollment, in identifying allergies in toddlers, common illnesses picked up at schools, as well as fever management.
PRE-PRIMARY TRACK - For parents with kids aged 3yrs onwards
At the pre-primary track, parents get up to date with giving their children a headstart to primary education. Settling one’s kid into primary school need NOT be all that competitive if parents are aware of what to do. Talks will tackle topics such as:
- Is your kid ready for primary school Mother Tongue?
Julia Gabriel Education will share tips on how you can initiate early bilingualism to prevent primary school panic.
- How can your child master ALL the components of reading, writing, listening and oral that the English language demands? MindChamps shares best practices in English excellence at primary school.
- What makes mastering Math at primary school so difficult? Find out from Marshall Cavendish on the approaches to teaching and learning Math easily.
Supported by HeyBaby, Families for Life, People’s Association, NTUC U Family, SAFRA, Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society Singapore (OGSS), and Singapore Kindness Movement, this is the MOST Authoritative platform for all expectant and new parents.
Asian Parenting Summit - Largest Parenting Summit in Asia
The Star Performing Arts Centre
The Star Vista, 1 Vista Exchange Green, Singapore 138617
Saturday, 11 June 2016
Track Times & Location:
· Pregnancy Track: 1pm – 6pm The Star Theatre
· Toddlerhood Track: 9am – 1pm The Star Gallery
· Pre-Primary Track: 2pm – 6pm The Star Gallery
Cost: Admission is priced per track at S$25 for single / S$30 for couple
* Goody Bag will be given to all attendees (1 bag per couple/single)
If you liked this article, Like the Kids World Facebook Page as well!