The calibre of foods that your child consumes will have a significant impact on their health throughout the growing stages of adolescence and adulthood. It is important for children to consume nutritious foods that will allow them to grow, develop, and feel good about themselves and their bodies. Proper nutrition is also important if you want your children to perform well academically and socially. Because of the overabundance of fast foods and processed foods with high sugar content, now more than ever, children are at risk of becoming overweight and obese.
Obese children are at risk of facing debilitating health issues such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cardiovascular illness and extreme joint pain. The right nutrition of nutrient-based meals such as fresh fruits and organically grown vegetables can help prevent your child from being overweight as well as provide a higher quality of life. A child with a balanced diet that consists of healthy omega fatty acids, calcium and fibre is likely to have a solid foundation for the proper development of brain activity and other capabilities. The right nutrition during childhood sets the tone for lifelong health and wellness. As such, the power of proper nutrition in children cannot be underestimated.
The importance of a healthy and hearty breakfast
Many people tend to underestimate the value and effect of a healthy and hearty breakfast. Although serving your child a glass of processed juice with some toast or a bowl of cereal may seem acceptable, this quality of breakfast is not particularly healthy for your children. A healthy breakfast is important for all human beings; however, it is especially central to the well-being of your children.
Children who do not eat healthy breakfasts are more likely to become tired quickly at school. Additionally, they are also more likely to suffer from short attention spans and low energy levels. Breakfast is important because it helps to improve your children’s mental performance and powers of concentration, especially during the morning hours. Children who skip breakfast are usually sluggish and are unable to perform their tasks adequately.
Why Are Fruits & Vegetables Important?
Did You Know:
- Close to 60% of children do not eat the recommended daily amount of vegetables.
- Research shows that watching a lot of TV is associated with children drinking more soft drinks and not eating enough fruit and vegetables.
- Fruit and vegetables are a great source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.
- Eating fruit and vegetables every day helps children grow and develop, boosts their vitality and can reduce the risk of many chronic diseases - such as heart disease, high blood pressure, some forms of cancer and being overweight or obese.
Fruit and vegetables fall into seven different colour categories: red, yellow, green, brown, white, black and purple. Each colour carries its own set of unique disease fighting chemicals called phytochemicals. It is these phytochemicals that give fruits and vegetables their vibrant colour and, of course, some of their healthy properties.
Red fruits and vegetables are coloured by a natural plant pigment called lycopene. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that can help reduce the risk of cancer and keep our heart healthy.
The plant pigment anthocyanin is what gives blue/purple fruits and vegetables their distinctive colour. Anthocyanin also has antioxidant properties that protect cells from damage and can help reduce the risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease.
A well-known carotenoid called Betacarotene is found in sweet potatoes, pumpkins and carrots. It is converted to vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy mucous membranes and healthy eyes.
Green vegetables contain a range of phytochemicals including carotenoids, indoles and saponins, all of which have anti-cancer properties.
White fruits and vegetables contain a range of health-promoting phytochemicals such as allicin (found in garlic) which is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties. Some members of the white group, such as bananas and potatoes, are also a good source of potassium.
Black fruits such as elderberries and blackberries are loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C that make them great immunity boosters. Blackberries also top the rank of brain foods because of the high manganese content which is vital to improving brain performance and memory.
Making Breakfast Wholesome yet Exciting for Kids with Kinohimitsu Superfood+ Kids
A good breakfast should include different elements of nutrition. As such, a healthy breakfast should consist of foods that are high in fibre and whole grains, low levels of sugar and high in protein. Such foods are capable of boosting concentration levels, energy levels, and even memory. It is vital to include as many colours of fruits and vegetables as possible.
Kinohimitsu Superfood+ Kids was formulated by one of the leading integrated bio-nutraceutical and cosmeceutical companies, Kino Biotech. This nutritious multigrain drink is formulated and designed especially for growing children, offering an optimum supply of nutrition from a blend of various natural ingredients. Since breakfast is the most important meal of a growing child’s day, the nourishment provided by Kinohimitsu Superfood+ Kids is sufficient enough to fuel the growing bodies of children.
"A complete nutritional beverage composed of 7 colours whole plant-based ingredients added with prebiotics, lutein, spirulina and other potent ingredients."
Vital ingredients in Kinohimitsu Superfood+ Kinohimitsu Superfood+ Kids is carefully formulated with 7 colours and 22 multigrain, consists of DHA, Colostrum, Lactoferrin, isolated soy protein multigrain, milk calcium powder and super berries. Here is a breakdown of why these ingredients are important:
7 Healthy Ingredients:
1) Multigrain Powder - contains 22 types of multigrain including oat, barley, brown rice, sorghum, millet and buckwheat among others that contain large quantities of fibers and phytonutrients that help to improve your child’s digestive health and overall growth.
2) Colostrum - boosts Immunity (one of the most important ingredients).
3) DHA - the Omega-3 fatty acid supports brain power and is crucial for the healthy structure and function of the brain.
4) Isolated Soy Protein - this ingredient helps to sustain the normal and healthy growth of young children as well as provide adequate energy levels, which are required for your child to keep up with daily events and activities.
5) Milk Calcium Powder – supporting the development of healthy bones and teeth.
6) Lactoferrin – a potent microbial and modulates the immune system for healthier kids.
7) Prebiotic FOS, Inulin (Synergy ®) - help nourish beneficial bacteria in the body & supports immune system.
Parents always want to give the best to their kids and we understand most kids are very picky on taste. With no added sugar and artificial flavoring, it is delicious and could be a healthier alternative or a complementary beverage!
Let us guide you through the parenting journey. Join our community and receive updates on parenting tips, freebies & promotions! Join HERE!
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook Kids World!
Share your thoughts! If you have a similar story to share, tell us! We’d love to hear from you. Or you may also request an article on topics you’d like to read about.Find Out More